Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pumpkin Patch. Take 1.

Since last year we weren't here for the fall season, we hadn't visited any one the local farms for their Halloween festivities. There are two places fairly close to us that have hayrides and corn mazes, so I want to try them both!
Early Friday evening we headed to our first pumpkin patch of the season. Colin LOVED it, and as a bonus it wasn't crowded at all because we were there at an off time. I really think our boy would love to live on a farm. He gets the biggest smile on his face when he sees the animals and tractors, and just runs around exploring. He was in his glory!
A goat!





Milking Elsie the cow.


The hayride!

Ok, I have to admit, this was the first time I have ever seen cotton...especially at a pumpkin patch!

Picking out a pumpkin. He was trying super hard to lift this one!

Sitting next to his first pumpkin of the year!

The beloved tractor.

4 comments:

Christina and Varun said...

Looks like you all had so much fun! I hope you are enjoying fall in NC :)

Pat said...

LOVE to y'all

carrie said...

Aww Colin looks like such a little hipster on the farm. Did he have a donut and some apple cider?

Anonymous said...

It looks like it was a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!! What wonderful memories. I especially like the picture with the Kitty. Tell Colin we went to the land this weekend & saw lots of cows & pigs. Some tractors too. Love Grandma D.