We had a busy, and fun 4th of July weekend. On Saturday we headed to the mall to do some errands, and then saw Cars 2. Colin did great! I think as long as he has a bag of popcorn to munch on, he's all set. That day he even scored an impromptu trip to the bouncy place while Kevin went into the golf store to do some browsing.
On Sunday, we headed to "The Swamp" to see the Fayetteville Swampdogs baseball game, which is a collegiate summer baseball team. It was our first time there, and an interesting one at that. It was just so hot and so crowded, partly due to the fact that they promised a "spectacular fireworks extravaganza" after the game. Despite Kevin and I feeling a little claustrophobic rubbing sweaty elbows with the locals, we had a fun time. Colin got to run on the field at one point between innings, and he waved to all the players in the dugout. He really enjoyed the game, and fireworks afterwards!
Super close-ups, because I couldn't move!
On Monday we headed to the Lillington fireworks. Colin got to go on a couple carnival rides, and then the sky turned black. We headed to the car, and sat a while to see if the rain would pass.
Attention moms: you know how most of the time you are overly prepared and you never end up using the extra clothes/food/drinks (etc) that you brought with you? Well, there is always that one time when it really pays off. I packed a plethora of snacks and drinks, and as we sat in the car listening to music and people watching, we ate them all. I have to admit, I got a slight smile on my face when I recalled Kevin asking the question before we left the house, "Why the heck are you popping those bags of popcorn?"
So, the rain never stopped and the Lillington fireworks were a no go, so we left. But, when we got home Kevin did break into his stash and let off a few in our driveway. Then, some people in our neighborhood started letting theirs off, so we got our fill.
My two brave guys are on the left.

No comments:
Post a Comment