Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Marches To The Beat Of His Own Drum.

My parents and I took Colin to the park the other evening. First, I'd like to say, Yipppeeee! FINALLY some park weather! I think it's safe to say that spring has arrived in Rochester. I hope I didn't just jinx it.

Second, how nice is it that it took us literally two minutes to drive to the playground. We could have walked and that would have taken us about 5 minutes. Hooray for short drive times!...I definitely took this for granted.

But, I digress. Colin of course loved the playground, but when we suggested to him that we should take a walk around the park on the walking path, he said "NOOOO!" Yes people, the No Monster has arrived.

Finally he gave in and tentatively followed us. On his own time. And that trick that parents use to get their kids to follow, when they say, "Bye (Colin), see ya later!" does NOT work.

Then came the funny part. There was a group of kids playing in the field. A couple of them were tossing around a frisbee, and a couple of them were doing cartwheels and summersaults. Colin marched right up to them, and showed them his stuff. He did the move he proudly calls "upsidedown Colin". We could not stop laughing.

Do you spot him, on the right, in the orange and blue striped shirt?
Here he goes...
The best part about this picture is how the kids are looking over at him.
"Upsidedown Colin"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He really is a unique little boy. Dad/Papa

Anonymous said...

This was one of the funniest things you could ever see. Notice how all of the big kids are looking at Colin.
What does this little kid want & where did he come from ? Priceless! Love Grandma D