Lately it seems we don't have much time for her. I feel bad that she spends most days just laying around by herself. Sometimes I think she deserves better.
But Colin has other ideas. He really loves his Lucy. Every morning when he wakes up, he says "Lucy!" Then before we eat breakfast he helps pour her food and water into her bowls. She makes him laugh. She's so gentle with him. She loves us. And this is what makes me want to make a little extra time for her, even when I want to spend that time on housework that needs to be done, or take a few extra minutes for myself.
We love you, Lucy Lou, even if you drive me nuts sometimes.
This was totally unprompted before bedtime last night. So sweet.

6 comments:
Best friends. I love both pictures, but the one where they both are looking out the window, like a couple of buddies, sharing things from the same point of view, makes me realize that you don't have to be the same species to understand, communicate, and even love each other.
Cute pics! I bet they love each other so much! We feel the same way about Finnegan...poor boy doesn't get much of our attention lately.
Awh...how sweet! I know how you feel. Laura LOVES Cody and Beau! She feeds Cody her snack and today gave him her sippy cup! Today she was in the kitchen yelling CODY CODY, I looked and saw she had dumped her cheese in the floor and was waiting for him to come eat it. Gotta love em!!
Thanx Cole. I loved seeing what Lucy Lou was up to these days.Those pix are priceless and i know that one day Colin will have very fond memories of her and plenty of stories of his "first dog". We all have kinks that need to be worked out, thats what loving a person(yes Lucy is a person ummmm so she thinks)is about keeping them around despite the "kinks" ; )
Lucy, Lucy, gotta love her. Donna
These pics make me think of the Carl book series. I mean, these photos could be a page in one of them. Maybe you could recreate one of the books through photos.
Post a Comment