Sunday, April 26, 2009

What is this, the DIY Network or something?

One of these weekends I am fully expecting a crew to show up at our house to film the latest do-it-yourself project. Kevin is at it again. This time he is building a brick mailbox, complete with a spot to hold the newspaper. Our old mailbox apparently wasn't good enough, or big enough. Of course he has no experience in mason work, but he is learning as he goes. To reference a previous blog "You can't buy experience!"

I talked to my Grandfather the other day, who has been a Mason all of his life. When I told him what Kevin had up his sleeve he said "Well, if he messes up, he can just tell people he was going for that rustic look." That cracked me up.

It's almost done...hopefully I can post pics of the finished product soon.


2 comments:

Kara said...

It's so funny how men feel they have to do it themselves! In the end, they either complain about how it looks or hire someone else to do it! Love that Kevin is Mr. Fix it! How is that baby doing? Any day now!!!

Carrie said...

He's a regular Bob Villa huh?