Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mothers Day...one day late

Colin came just in time for me to celebrate Mother's Day this year. It was a special day, and Kevin made it even more special by whipping up some manicotti for dinner! It was delish!


But I do have to say that the past week has been a rough one. I know it all comes with the territory...constant feedings and no sleep are to be expected. I'm not complaining, we are just exhausted. While on the phone with my mother, she told me that my Nana (paternal grandmother) used to say that "mothers earn their stripes." Sure, I have always known that mothers are amazing people. I guess going through it first-hand I can appreciate all the work that mothers do even more. Nana, I hope I earned some stripes this week!



I would like to give a special "shout out" to our mothers because I definitely know they've earned their stripes! We can't wait for Grandma Donna and Grandma Patty to meet Colin. I know they will continue to be amazing Grandmothers.
Both our mothers sent such beautiful flowers. Thank You!

3 comments:

Bridge said...

Happy Mother's Day one day late to you too! Thanks so much for hosting us, Nicole! You have a beautiful baby boy and a beautiful home. Not too long from now, you'll look back on all these sleepless nights and say how it was all worth it!

Love you all!

jilljohnandhope said...

No one tells you that the first 12 weeks suck! There is a little relief at 6 weeks, but the day the baby is 12 weeks old, I'm tellin' ya, life is good! I have no doubt you are doing an awesome job! Happy first Mother's Day!!! He is precious!

Kara said...

It gets better...well at least different! He will pick up on a schedule soon and you will think it is cake! Call if you need to just have a mommy vent moment...sometimes those are really helpful!