So the other day I decided to whip up the most delicious dinnertime treat for Colin and I- homemade sauce and meatballs. Or "a dish of macaroni" as my family calls it. If you know me, you know this is one of my absolute favorites (especially when Grandma makes it), and I figured Colin would follow in my footsteps. I envisioned his little sauce covered face gobbling up noodles and meatballs, becoming more and more hooked with each bite, all while I documented his first tastes of it with my camera. I knew it would be the start of something good. I was wrong.
He did love the meatballs. He ate three. And I even added some spinach to them just to get in some veggies. The noodle part was a no go. He picked out every piece, even the ones hidden among pieces of meatball and covered with sauce, gave it a look of disgust, and threw it on the floor.
Oh Colin, what is your pasta loving mama to do? I really hope this is just a phase, and one day he'll come around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Damn Irishmen genes! :)
Chrissy XOXO
I know he loves at least one thing Italian... his mommy, justlike his Dad!
Grandpa Jim
Maybe he's just doing a low carb diet?
Well, you know what I would say when you kids did not "love" what I cooked
"More for me!!!" Enjoy your macaroni Mama. Love Mom
Did Lucy enjoy the noodles? Lucky dog! I'll bet Colin was just sharing.
Give him time. He'll come over.
You should have had him try MY meatballs. Then he would have been hurling them across the room and scarfing down the noodles. I have a feeling he'll come around. In the meantime, it appears that he's not missing too many meals. Look at those arms, hands and cheeks. Too cute.
Post a Comment