Monday, March 8, 2010

Let's give him a round of applause...

Colin started clapping today!  Up to this point, I've tried so hard to get him to clap. There has been many rounds of "Patty Cake" and "If You're Happy and You Know It"...all my efforts were to no avail. Instead of clapping, he would wave his little arm up and down. So he kinda got it.

While I was getting our breakfast ready this morning, Colin was playing with his toys. And then I heard that sweet little clapping sound- unprompted, all on his own. Throughout the day he's been clapping along to music, clapping to Patty Cake, clapping when he's excited, and clapping when he does something to make me proud. So today he really got it.

Let the clapping begin!

3 comments:

Pat said...

Yeah for Colin! Can you hear the APPLause?
(I love your little toes!).

Bridge said...

Hooray!

Anonymous said...

He is just tooo cute!!! He looks very proud & happy. Always fun to learn new things. Many more to come. Love, Grandma D